The humble beginnings!



I did it! What happens next?


This was my first day as a Capsuleer. It could have started better not gonna lie but it was eventful none the less, so let us begin.

Hi, my name is Aeter Vemane. I am a fresh graduate of the Federal Navy Academy. My day started off normally, I woke up, had my breakfast in an AIR cloning facility and was getting ready for my first Capsuleer experience. And there I was connected to my capsule, guided by my trusty AI Aura to my first command of a mighty Nestor battleship. But something happened, there was a big tremor followed by bright lights, it took me a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to realize that my pod was engulfed in flames. Aura initiated evacuation procedure that flung me into space moment before the station exploded right before my eyes. It was a terrifying and sad site to see, thousands of lives gone, but why? Who did this?

There was no time for grieving as the danger was still out there waiting to strike again, after I looked around I found an abandoned civilian transport ship, Astero class. I boarded the ship and started bringing the systems back online when we got a transmission: 

"This is Ballin Ferrus, Commander of AIR Security.
All ships evacuating this cloning facility are advised to rendezvous at emergency coordinates."

And I tell you was it a site to see, the cavalry has arrived. After the proper introduction and some help in repairing the armor on my ship we came to a conclusion that whoever attacked the cloning facility might still be nearby waiting to strike again. (We believed it was an act of corporate espionage that turned violent, After all there are a lot of people in New Eden who want to get their hands on AIR's technology.) Our arrival to the emergency coordinates was a success, or so we thought! A strange signal appeared nearby, after taking a closer look at the signal an enemy fleet warped in. They started targeting civilian transports, we couldn't allow that to happen we had to fight, that however meant a certain death on my part which scared me, but Aura reminded me: 

"You are a capsuleer. For you, death is not an end. It is simply the beginning of a new adventure..."

This statement gave me strength and willpower to push myself to the limits, I used my signal jammers which made enemy battleships unable to lock civilian transports, but it meant they could target me. It was done, civilian transports warped to a safe place, my first mission was done. The enemy battleships angered by their failure to finish what they came to do focused all their firepower on my ship, the ship started shaking, the screeching noise of the hull integrity failing, fire alarms going off everywhere I turn and an always recognizable whoooosshh of my capsule ejecting moments before the ship explodes. And then I experienced it, the silence of space, sunlight finding it's way through the cracks on my almost destroyed capsule, and then... Darkness. Am I dead? 

A familiar voice woke me up, Aura greeting me and welcoming me to the world of the living, again... My conscience, my neural data has been transferred to a fresh clone body. Is this who I am now? Am I stuck in this endless loop of dying and being "reborn" over and over again? No time to answer those questions, I was greeted by the vice president of AIR's operations Vesper Calytrix. Apparently the word of my heroics already spread far and beyond, the phrase: "You went out with quite the bang." said so jokingly and normally I was almost confused. I guess all of this becomes normal and routine over time. AIR kindly provided me with a new ship and a few modules to get me started, since my initiation into capsuleer life wasn't according to the regulations I do not possess certain basic skills, but not to worry I will get on my feet.

The questions still remain... Who attacked the cloning facility and what were their motivations? The vice president promised me to keep me posted on the investigation of the crimes at the cloning facility.

This is Aeter Vemane and my life is just getting started :)


Comments

Popular Posts